Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31st, 2014

Well... I think all I can really say for this week is to PRAY. pray, pray, pray. for everyone here. haha. 
--- is still really struggling. We haven't heard much from her at all, and she told us that she doesn't think she will be coming to church for a while now. She still wants to be baptized next month but hasn't had any motivation to do the things that she needs to in order to prepare for it. I feel like all we can do at this point is continue to love her and be there for her! She is at this point in her life where all of these things are being thrown at her and the only thing that can heal her is The Lord. I think she has a lot of resentment built up in her heart right now, and I just keep praying for us to be able to get in with her and help her to know and feel of her heavenly father's love for her.
--- has been sick the past week and we are meeting with her tomorrow for the first time in a while! That girl is one of the busiest people I know. Makes things a little more difficult haha. Somehow we make it work though! Her baptism date is going to have to be pushed back since she hasn't been coming to church either. She said she is really looking forward to conference this weekend and we hope that it will be a turning point in her conversion! We still feel like she needs a deeper understanding and testimony of the gospel. She is definitely making her way in the right direction!
Our biggest miracle for the week happened yesterday. Our ward is seriously AMAZING at inviting their friends to hear about the gospel. like they are probably the most missionary minded ward out there! So one of the families in the ward invited a single mom named --- and her 3 kids to church yesterday, who they just met not too long ago. Their sons play on the same soccer team and they have just talked a few times at the games. --- is from russia, and she said that the only other time she has had contact with mormons is with 2 elders who live in the same apartment she does now and they run into each other a lot. Which that was another testimony builder to us because those elders have talked to her countless times before, and have invited her to learn about the gospel but she has never accepted. It just shows how important the members are in this work and how much more the lord can work through us if we are working together! So they came with the family and stayed for all 3 hours of church yesterday, and absolutely loved it. We were able to have a lesson with them after, and she just had so many really, really great questions for us. When we were talking about the book of mormon she just kept saying that she wants to read it and wants to know that it is true! The members that were there also bore very powerful testimonies that really touched her heart. She is even really looking forward to coming and watching general conference with us and we are reallyyy excited about it!
We had another week filled with service which is always good but I'm pretty sure I have never been more exhausted in my life! Saturday was definitely killer. There was a Woodlands community clean up that morning so from 8-12 we were going around and picking up trash and filled trash bag after trash bag full of garbage. Then we had to go straight from there over to this Presbyterian church for a garage sale that we were volunteering at. They had us loading these moving trucks with furniture and all these boxes and putting up & taking down tables and doing a whole bunch of boy jobs haha. Thank goodness for elders sometimes. Then after a few hours there we had to rush over to interfaith for our weekly service there and helped them out with taking donations and carrying boxes of stuff out to their shed and doing more boy jobs. hahaha. let me tell you. we do some hard work around here. for 12 hours that day we hardly had a second to even sit down and breathe. but it makes me SO grateful for my parents teaching me how to work. even though I know I was a pain and they took a lot of complaining from me over the years! You taught me how to work and the importance of it. And missionary work is no different! its hard work! but I love it :) 
The lord is giving us miracles every single day here. He promises us that! At the beginning of my mission I was expecting these crazy huge miracles every single day, and I can tell you that I was very disappointed almost every day! It took a lot of learning for me to realize how The Lord works. Yes, we are blessed with some crazy huge miracles sometimes that are very apparent. But most of the time, the miracles that we receive are simple tender mercies each day that He give to us to show us that He loves us. I have come to learn that sometimes the miracle that He gives me for the day is having a peace of mind, just simply knowing that I did my absolute best that day, even if it felt that nothing came out of it. Him helping me to feel of His spirit, and Him letting me know that I did all that was expected of me. I definitely consider that to be one of His amazing miracles! Being aware of those and recognizing those small tender mercies in my life has brought me that true happiness that I have always been searching for. When we recognize our blessings and show our gratitude for even the simplest things in life, that truly is when we are the happiest! It really is so simple!
I am so grateful to know that I have a loving Heavenly Father who is watching over me and for my savior Jesus Christ who never leaves my side. They are ALWAYS there for every single one of their children <3 how lucky are we :)
I love each and every one of you so much and am so grateful for all you do!! sure miss you tons!!
xoxo
sister huber

No comments:

Post a Comment