Monday, March 24, 2014

March 24th, 2014

I am officially the luckiest girl in the world because I get to stay in my most favorite place in the whole world with my most favorite brown girl!! 3rd transfer with this crazy one! Nothing beats having your companion be your best friend! And I cant even tell you how much I LOVE this area. I remember back to when I was leaving my first area and how sad I was and how I never thought that I would love an area that much again. but boy was I wrong! Heavenly Father just keeps blessing me with the most amazing people to serve with and the most amazing experiences of my life. I finally understand how some of the hardest things in life can be the absolute greatest! My mission so far has been exactly that. It has been the hardest thing I have ever done. I am still amazed at what I have been able to accomplish with the help of our savior Jesus Christ, and what He has helped me to become. The strength that I have had for the past 10 months is way beyond my own. In every single way- spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally. everything. There isn't a single thing that I would be able to accomplish out here without Him enabling me and making me equal to all of it. Christ truly is my foundation! And the best thing is, He NEVER leaves you. He is the reason that I am here today. I am here, letting Him do His work through me. And He is helping me to change into what He wants me to become. I still have a long way to go and so many things to work on, but I am grateful for the time and opportunities I still have to get there!

We went to ---'s House Church with her this week. Its on Wednesday nights and its like a little sermon type thing in addition to their Sunday one. She goes to this non denominational church called Church Project, and I was amazed at how different the views are of the people that go there, even to each other! They went over 1 Cor. 15 and had a discussion about the resurrection and I seriously had to bite my tongue the entire time haha. I was not about to say something and get myself into trouble! It was really hard for me though to sit there and listen to some of the things that they had to say. We left just feeling awful. I can honestly say it made me a million times even more grateful for gospel and the truth that I have been blessed with and that I have a testimony of! So then --- came to church with us yesterday which we were SO excited about!! That girl... I want so badly for her to gain a solid testimony of this gospel. She is one that I have just grown to love way more than I ever expected, and I just want her to have the truth and the blessings that come from it! Its seriously like having a best friend or family member who you care about so much and you just want them to be happy. And you know that what we have will bring them that happiness! We are doing our best to get her there. But I can see how its hard for her! She has such strong beliefs in God and in her church and you can't take that away from someone! We are just trying to help her to understand the amazing truths we are trying to add upon what she already has. She's an amazing girl that's for sure!
We had a little obstacle with --- this week. So she first came into contact with the church through her boyfriend who is in our ward. He left on his mission back in November, and she started taking the discussions. He ended up coming home 5 weeks after he left, and is still here trying to get things worked out so that he can go back out on his mission. So since he has been back, they have been spending a lot of time with each other, and the concern was knowing if she is in this for herself, or if it is just for him. She's been coming to church every week and reading the book of Mormon and doing all of the things that we could ever ask out of an investigator! We have been trying to do the lessons without him there, so that she can do this on her own and not with his influence. Buuuut on Friday she texted us and told us that they broke up and that she wasn't going to make it to church on Sunday. So everything that we were worried about started happening and we didn't know what to do! She didn't end up coming to church, but we had a really good talk with her and she expressed to us her desire to continue the lessons and to be baptized. She shared her testimony with us and she said how much she knows this is true, and she wants it for herself, even if he isn't in the picture anymore. Its one of those situations where we really had to rely on the spirit and let it help us to understand where her heart is at and what exactly she needs. I am pretty amazed by her strength through all of this though! Its hard being a teenage girl sometimes! hahaha.  She knows its true and she knows that --- needs to get back out on his mission, and she is more than willing to do what they have to do even though its hard! She isn't even a member and she realizes the importance of obeying and doing what the Lord has asked of us. And doing what He asks of us is sometimes what we think to be the hardest option of them all. But I have a strong testimony that God's plan is the best plan. It never means that its going to be easy. It actually usually isn't. But it is the best :) it's all about having that eternal perspective in mind!!
It was a super great week this week because we got to go to the TEMPLE!!! My most favorite place on earth. I had a really hard time leaving this time haha. We are way too blessed to have it in our mission! Also great news for the week- ---
, one of the less actives from my last area who sister lockhart and I reactivated, is going through to get her endowments next month!!! She texted me yesterday and asked if we could be there! I love that lady so much. Its these times that make everything worth it! Being able to see where she was at when I first got there- not going to church, not happy with her life at all, to going to church every once in a while, then going every week, reading the whole book of Mormon for the first time, getting a calling, going to the temple to do baptisms, getting her patriarchal blessing, and now making it to the temple. She has had such a huge change in her heart and she just amazes me all the time! I couldn't be more happy for her, and I am so excited to be able to see her IN THE TEMPLE!!! how amazing is being a missionary?! the best thing in the world!!
LOVE YAA ALLL and miss you tons!
xoxo sister huber

Sister Ae, Mama Sevy and Sister Huber

No comments:

Post a Comment