Wednesday, October 29, 2014

October 29th, 2014

serving with my best friend :)

Hey yall!

I'm giving you a heads up right now- these next few weeks are gonna be CRAZY so if you don't hear much from me, I'm so sorry! you will all see me in a month anyways :)

My new companion is Sister Fullmer- my absolute best friend! I have served with this girl her whole mission and we have always had this bond with each other. We served in The Woodlands for 6 months together, then we both got transferred to Cypress at the same time when I came here to the YSA ward, and she was serving in a family ward in the same area! And now she's here with me :) She was just called to be a STL with me so thats been a lot of fun! I went on exchanges with her last transfer, and we seriously became best friends right then! She is the most perfect companion for me, to help me finish my mission strong but have more fun than we ever have at the same time! I just cant even tell yall how amazing this girl is! 

We have seen so many amazing miracles this week! It has been such a blessing to have the ZL's here in the ward with us. They have been working closely with the EQ and have gotten in to see people that I have never even met before! We have already noticed a huge change in the ward, and the ward council is really coming together and making big changes :) 
Yesterday at MLC, president had all of us YSA missionaries meet with him for a little training on how to build up the YSA wards. He is wanting us to really focus on building up the institutes and getting more involved on the campuses. Our institute needs a lot of help haha. But we're really excited because we have heard of so much success from the other colleges and their programs so there is lots to work towards and look forward to here! 

Sister Fullmer and I have a goal of getting 2 more baptisms this transfer, and we really feel like the Lord will provide a way! We have a date for the end of next month, and we have a few investigators who are SO ready and just need to commit!!  We started teaching this guy named S..., and he is another one who seriously tests my knowledge haha. Lets just say he is very knowledgeable with the OT, and the first question he asked us was why Joseph Smith could see the face of God, but Moses couldn't look upon the face of God. We have spent lots of time searching the scriptures for answers to his questions, but its been a lot of fun! He has such a strong testimony, and our last lesson with him he told us that as he's been studying and learning more, he doesn't see how there's any way that this church isn't true. He's just so prepared! Just like most of our investigators, his only concern now is his family who is really against the church. Thats why he is so hesitant to set a baptism date! Pray for his family!!

Viet told us yesterday that he feels like he is ready to get his patriarchal blessing. WHAAT?! I still cannot believe this kid. When we first met him, he didn't even know what faith was. Now he is preparing to serve a mission and is getting his patriarchal blessing. How cool is that?! 
We are going with Ericka on friday night to the temple to do baptisms for the dead for her first time. She is going to be baptized for her mother and grandmother, so it is going to be a really special experience for her :) I'm really excited for all of our RC and their amazing progress!

Nothing is more rewarding than being a missionary, and I think yesterday is when it really hit me that this amazing experience is slowly coming to a close. For all of you who remember me right before I left for my mission, I was an absolute disaster haha. I was feeling just about every emotion in the world. Thats exactly how I am feeling right now. I'm scared out of my mind. And the thought of leaving Houston makes me want to just fall apart. But I know that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me, just like He does for all of His children! I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have of His amazing plan, and to have His restored gospel on the earth today. I really don't know where I'd be without it!

I love each one of you and can't thank you enough for your support! We have another conference with a member of the 70 next week, so I will be on email again next Wednesday :) Hope you have an amazing week! xoxoxo

sister huber

Sister Fullmer!

me & my little meja :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment