Monday, October 20, 2014

October 6th, 2014

Another blink of an eye and its Monday again!!

I am so grateful for the spiritually upliftng week that HF gave to me. It was definitely a different week than most, but one of my most favorites :) 

I'm sad to say that I wasn't even in my area all week!! Sister Myers had to hold down the fort for us, but lots of amazing things happened!

Tuesday we had MLC which is one of the most spiritual meetings in the whole world! I was with Sister Maughan for the day who is the other STL in the zone. The ZL's and us then planned zone meeting- which ended up being one of the best zone meetings I've had my whole mission! And it wasn't because of us. It was because of our AMAZING zone :) So a little history on the Cypress Zone- it has been known as the a-pos zone of the mission. Tons of disobedience, and the least successful. It's also the biggest zone out of them all. Well President came in and did what he does best and let me tell you- this zone is not that zone anymore!! I felt like we had a giant heart to heart and created the unity that its always been missing. We all set goals together for October and November and we are going to reach those goals!! We are doing a big zone fast this week, and striving to put all of our faith in the Lord so that He can help us to accomplish these things :)

We also had interviews with President this week. Us and the Zone Leaders had to present trainings during the interview sessions, which were all from chapter 8 in PMG. We talked about setting goals, planning, and accountability. Things that we are all still trying to improve ourselves in! And also very important things to master, because they will play a huge part in our lives when we return home. I seem to always forget the things I've learned on my mission and don't directly apply the exact same steps to my personal life! In my interview president was asking me about my plans for when I go home, and I told him I try not to think about it because I don't want to lose my focus here, and he stopped me and called me to repentance haha. He asked me what I've learned about the importance of planning on my mission, and then said how I need to be applying that and be planning for the next phase of my life. It freaks me out so much!! So during conference this week I was really searching for answers to how I can remain strong when I get home and continue to progress myself from the person my mission has helped me to become! I think a lot of missionaries get kinda indenial when they are about to go home & so when the time comes they have a really hard time with it, and I don't want to be that way. I want to work as hard as I can while I'm still here and know that I have accomplished everything the Lord has sent me to Houston to do, so that I can go home in confidence, and be ready & excited for whats to come :)

There's lots of work cut out for us this week! President laid down the law and is really crackin his whip haha. Can I just tell you how much I love President Mortensen? He knows how to do work! 
He told us that if we don't have a baptism date with each investigator by the second lesson, then we are wasting our time and we need to be dropping them. THE SECOND LESSON! Our mission is finding more people to teach than any other surrounding mission. But unfortuantely, thats not exactly a good thing! Because we aren't as effective when we find them. We are having to find around 10 people to get 1 baptism, where most missions when they find 10 people, get 8 baptisms. He had a conference call last night with all of the STL's and told us that the main reason for this is because we are lacking in faith and not being bold in committing people. 
So this week when we meet with each investigator we have to extend a commitment to them, and if they say no, then we have to drop them. Sister Myers and I feel really good about it though and really think that most of our investigators are ready for it! Pray for lots of miracles this week!!! 

Ericka is getting baptized on Saturday! We currently have no idea where... cause there are zero buildings available so this is going to take a miracle in itself! She loved conference yesterday and it was really good for her and strengthened her testimony of Joseph Smith and President Monson :) 
I don't think there was one talk all of conference that I didn't need to hear! For real each one of them was an answer to prayer. Jorg Klebingat's was absolutely amazing and if you didn't hear it then you have to go back and read it! I also loved loved loved Elder Scott and Elder Godoy's. I also just realized this but I think I loved them so much because they were all right to the point and tell us exactly the things that we need to be doing. I love it! 

I hope that we will all go back and study the counsel that was given to us by our dear prophets and apostles :) I know that I still have so much more to learn from their messages and as long as we follow their guidance, we will never be led astray! 

I love y'all so much and am so grateful for you!!
Have a fabulous week!!

xoxo
sister huber

taylor & her darling puppy


exchanges with Sister Stepp! Let me tell you- this girl is the sweetest girl you will ever meet. I hope one day I can be like her. Such a Christlike person :) such a great day and ended with finding a GOLDEN FAMILY for them to teach :) exchanges bring miracles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment