Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20th, 2014

its the FINAL COUNTDOWN!!

Well everyone- I am officially on my very last transfer of my mission and it's the craziest feeling in the world! We found out sister myers is getting transferred so I am getting a new comp to finish me off! I'm really sad to lose this girl. She has become one of my closest friends and we have had so much fun together! I'm so grateful for the eternal friends I have gained here that HF has blessed me with, and I am so grateful to get another! President is putting STL's together as companions this transfer so I'm really excited to get a STL comp and be able to work like we've never worked before! 
I'm also SO grateful I get to end my mission here in the singles ward. They had a big conference downtown yesterday so we had to go to a family ward and it was a struggle! I'm just so awkward around families now haha I don't know how to act around them. Its kinda embarrassing. Thats what 7 months being around singles will do to you!
Also President is putting elders in this ward which we have been asking for FOREVER!!! I am SO excited. Like for real, the work in this area is going to just explode! Every other YSA ward has both sisters and elders except for us and so its finally happening! 

So I don't have a ton of time today to write yall, but I have to share this really cool miracle! A member named Michelle who goes to lonestar has this class that they all had to do these presentations for & Michelle did hers on modesty and after class this girl named P... came up to her and said how much respect she had for her after her presentation and how much she enjoyed it. So then they got talking about the church and stuff and michelle invited her to meet with us, and we've already taught her the first 3 lessons! As we were teaching P... the plan of salvation, we were asking her questions and she was telling us that she didn't really think anything of it because she feels like she already knew all of this and that we were just helping her to remember it. Like holy cow!!!! She committed to be baptized on November 22 :) She is absolutely amazing! 

The Prewitt's got sealed on Saturday and it was such a rewarding experience to be apart of. It was a reminder to me on what this work is all about. Its not just about bringing people into the church- but helping people to get to the temple so that they can be with their families forever! Seeing those little boys come into the sealing room to be sealed to their parents was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. I know with all my heart that through this gospel, we truly can be with our families for eternity! That's what our Heavenly Father's plan is all about! 

I love y'all so much and can't wait to see each of you SOON! :) until next week!

xoxo
sister huber 

This sister is a serious tag carver- she carved texas on the back of my name tag! I tried to get a picture of it but kinda struggled. its amazing!

Sister Davis and I at the temple :) exchanges!

the prewitt family :) Shoutout to my trainer and bff lockhart! Wish you were here for this special day! We all missed you! 


the day of ericka's baptism- gonna miss this girl!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment