Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2nd, 2013

Everything is great here in the woodlands! I really don't think I could have asked for a better ward. Its amazing how much they are into missionary work. And they aren't shy about it one bit. Families here will give like handfuls of referrals to us for us to teach. Its so crazy! Its kinda simple actually which I'm not used to, but all we have been doing is going and teaching members in the ward and then they tell us about all of their friends and neighbors that they want us to go and teach. Like I feel like it shouldn't be that easy! And especially with 2 sets of missionaries here there is a crazy amount of teaching going on. Its also fun cause there are so many fun things we can do here at Christmas time. It makes me sad that I only have one Christmas here. But we are putting little baskets together with the members with Christmas videos and pamphlets and treats and BOMs and things like that to deliver around to their neighbors and friends and I think that its going to be huge!
Back to the windrose ward though real quick. sister walker told me that --- went to church yesterday for the first time! we taught her for 6 months and she did everything except go to church! so she went and is getting baptized at the beginning of next month! I was reaalllly excited about that :)
We are teaching a lady here named --- who is a referral from a member. She had missionary lessons in the past but didn't have such a great experience I guess. She has a daughter who is mentally and physically disabled and her biggest question I guess is why did this happen to her and her daughter. The last missionaries told her that its because they are being punished for something? So yeah I can see why she stopped meeting with them! She is very open and the member said that she is only listening cause we are sisters and not elders this time haha. Im really excited though cause this afternoon we are going to some workout thing with this family in the ward and their neighbors run the classes and have tons of questions about our church so we are going to their super intense workout class and going to meet them because they want to meet missionaries. so that'll be interesting haha. tons of potentials here which means lots of work to do!
As hard as its been the past couple weeks, I have to say I am grateful for it. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to learn and grow and improve myself through all of this, and also for more opportunities to serve others. I am grateful for the fun and easy times, but even more so the challenging ones. The Lord is just telling me that I need to be stretched a little farther cause I'm obviously not quite where I need to be right now. And I'm okay with that! I will get there one of these days :) I am so grateful for all of the love that has been sent here to me! I don't think I could do this without my amazing support back at home :) it means more than you know! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! :) xoxoxo
sister huber

Sister Huber and her Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider!!






No comments:

Post a Comment