Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8th, 2014

Hey Everyone!!

Its been a hectic week to say the least, but also a really great one! And like always, we saw so many miracles!!

President Mortensen has called me to be a Sister Training Leader :) When he called on Monday night and talked to me about it, I literally felt a huge burden on my shoulders. I don't even know why! My stress levels probably aren't healthy for me right now haha. But I'm a stress case so what do ya do?! He has put so much stress on mission leaders, and has really been emphasizing our role and responsibilities in helping carry out this mission. We have the biggest zone in the mission, and there are 8 sister companionships that I will be over. He wants us as STL's to go on exchanges with each companionship every transfer, and also do companion studies with them at least a couple times a week & report back to him on it all! Its been so fun to be able to work so closely with other missionaries and I'm just so excited to be able to have this experience! 
My new companion is Sister Myers. Its already a great companionship :) she's seriously the cutest thing! We have a little too much fun together sometimes :) I couldn't ask for a better one! She's from South Jordan, and has been out for 11 months. Its going to be quite the trip trying to keep all of the boys in the ward away from her haha #singleswardprobs 

We have been working on the LoneStar college campus a lot recently now that school has started. We have a LDSSA club on campus that is starting next week! In the past it has been an amazing finding tool- because all of the YSA's around here go there!! So we try to spend as much time as we can up there. 
We met this girl named E... this past week. She immediately just opened up to us about her life and her upbringing, and the whole time I was just thinking this girl NEEDS the gospel. Everyone needs it. But she really NEEDS it. ya know? 
Her mom passed away when she was just 2 years old, and so her whole life its just been her and her brother, and her dad who is abusive. She doesn't really have any good friends around and she said she has just felt empty her whole life. She came to church yesterday and was just glowing :)  We were really surprised to see her open up so quickly to the ward! I like to baby my investigators a lot and make sure they are always right by us and feeling comfortable haha- but one of the members was so awesome and just took her in and so all of church yesterday we tried to not feel awkward not always being by our investigator! We are teaching her the plan of salvation tonight and feel like she's ready for a baptism date :) 

All of our male RC have the priesthood now, and have been blessing & passing the sacrament!
David passed the sacrament for his first time, and it was probably the sweetest thing I have ever seen. Instead of holding the tray by the handle with one of his hands, he had both of his hands underneath the bottom of the tray while carrying it around. He was so nervous and you could tell he was just trying to be so careful with it! It really made me stop and think though about how sacred the sacrament really is, and how we should all treat it that reverently and carefully. Its easy to get into the routine of it, and I think its easy to forget just how sacred it really is, and its true importance. I'm striving to treat the sacrament just as carefully as David did :) I will never forget that sacrament meeting!

I love you all so much! 
Trunky moment of the week: When the mission office calls you telling you they're BOOKING YOUR FLIGHT HOME! It happened. I'm kinda freaking out a little. 
I think President was inspired in knowing I needed a little extra responsibility around here to keep me going strong! haha. Dont let me get trunky y'all! Its a real thing! 
But really, I love this work more than anything in this world! And I think I'm trying to hide my real emotions because its going to take everything in me to be able to even step on that plane leaving Houston. So thats why we just dont even think about it! :)
There's just still so much to do :)
Love you!
Have the best week ever! 
xoxo sister huber

best comp ever :) miss her so much already!

me & sister lambright- Kim this is for you! show it to her sister :) we defs talk about you both all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment