Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23rd, 2014

You know you're in Texas when you have your investigator read Moroni 10 3-5 and he starts out like this- "Behold, I would exhort you that when y'all shall read these things..." hahahaha. Yes that did happen. Have to put the southern language into the Book of Mormon to be able to understand it! I about DIED but prayed to HF to help me keep a straight face. I LOVE TEXANS :)

So first things first here. Remember m---? The southern baptist who was SO STUBBORN and had to be taught everything from the bible and nothing else?! We haven't been able to meet with him for a couple weeks now because he's been ignoring us. We were super sad about it and we had this lesson planned to teach him that we really felt would help him in his conversion and resolve his concerns but we were never able to get in contact with him! So we were being hopeful and thought maybe he just needed some time to think and to figure out his answer so we stopped trying to reach out to him for a bit. Saturday night we sent him a text inviting him to come to church again and you will NEVER believe the response we got. Sister Loo and I can't even believe it still! He texted us saying that he would be at church and that HE WANTS TO BE BAPTIZED!!!!! He said he realized what we have been teaching him is true and that he wants what we have. We kinda started freaking out a little bit and thought we might have been getting punked haha. But no this is for real!!!! We were talking to him before church started and he said that he just needed some time to ponder on some things and recognize his answer. He asked when the soonest he could be baptized was and so we set a date with him for July 5th!!! The bible bashing M--- is becoming a Mormon!! My work here is officially done & I've accomplished what I've been sent to the south to do :) hahaha jk. But really its still like a dream to us. Its a miracle!!! 

We taught J--- the Plan of Salvation and extended a baptism date for July 12th with him. His grandpa who was a preacher baptized him so he felt like that was good enough. We resolved some concerns that he had and he said that he is open to asking God and receiving an answer! He came to church for the third time yesterday and his testimony keeps getting stronger! We have a lot of hope for him :) 

Danielle is becoming quite the missionary! She came out with us this week and bore her testimony to one of our investigators and she started tearing up so then we started tearing up and it was just so powerful! She is getting her temple recommend this week to go and do baptisms!! I am just so happy for her. There has been a huge change in her since she was baptized, and she was already so amazing before! She just needs a missionary tag and she's good to go haha. We were getting out of the car to go to an appointment and we were getting ready to pray so Sister Loo told danielle that we always pray before we get out of the car, and danielle goes "Oh I know! I saw that on The District!" hahaha. She sits at home and watches the mormon channel instead of normal TV. I told her I hope I can be like her when I go home haha. Shes amazing! 

The most rewarding moment of the week- 
We were over at KP's house talking to him about the priesthood, and right before the lesson was over he asked if he could share his testimony with us. The spirit was so strong right as he started, and he looks up at us and said, "Sister Loo & Sister Huber, you changed my life." He then went on and bore one of the sweetest, most powerful testimonies I have ever heard. This gospel changed his life the moment he first heard it. He has given it everything he has, and he has become a completely different person in such a short amount of time. I can't even wait for him to get the priesthood on Sunday and see the change that brings in him. This gospel does things to people that nothing else can! My testimony has grown so much recently from hearing the testimonies of our recent converts. I am amazed at their faith and conviction when sharing what they know to be true. They carry a spirit about them that just brings so much joy to everyone around them! I love them more and more every time we get to be around their sweet spirits. I didn't know it was possible to love people so much! They truly have become my brothers and sisters and I am so grateful that the Lord put us all in each other's lives. They have become one of my biggest blessings! 

V--- has his last weekend of work this week and then he gets to come to church!!! It is going to be the best day EVER. He and KP are bffs now and they told us that they are planning to start a business together hahaha. One of our recent converts and one of our investigators are going into a business together. How great is that?! Now if thats not some brotherly unity I dont know what is! They call each other big brother and little brother haha. And they just met like a couple weeks ago. We have THE GREATEST people on the whole earth right here in this ward :) Sam Houston 2nd for the win :)

I love you all so much! & I love this gospel with all of my heart! You all are such great blessings to me and I wouldn't be here without ya!
Keep on keepin on! Have the best week ever!

xoxo
sister huber


The "snow cone" church as Danielle calls it

We had an impromptu game night for an investigator who asked if there was an activity Wednesday night. And without hesitation, we said "of course!" And there wasn't a game night... so we planned one!

Face mask fun!

Postcard of the Week

No comments:

Post a Comment