Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4th, 2014

Baptisms and Breakups

This week we went from 100-1000 haha. If we weren't stressed enough! I guess we must be doing something right because the Lord doesn't ever stop adding things to our load! 
It was really wearing on me for a while because I hit this point of total exhaustion and literally felt like I was carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. I feel like there is never enough time in the day to accomplish everything we need/want to. Its probably one of the biggest blessings I could ever ask for- but at the same time I feel like the Lord has too much trust in me sometimes! President even sent me an email today saying "Don't stress" haha. He has really helped me to remember that I don't have to always feel like I have to accomplish every little thing by myself. This is the Lord's work. I am simply His tool. As I rely on Him & allow that revelation to come into my life, and as we as a companionship turn to Him as we plan each day, He will guide us in the things that He wants us to accomplish that day & to know those things that matter most. There is always going to be way too much to do, but I feel like I need to do every little thing all at once! There is just not enough time left!

It reminded me of Elder Bednar's talk from last conference. Another amazing talk that really hit home to me this week!

"It was the load. It was the load of wood that provided the traction necessary for him to get out of the snow, to get back on the road, and to move forward. It was the load that enabled him to return to his family and his home.
Each of us also carries load. Our individual load is comprised of demands and opportunities, obligations and privileges, afflictions and blessings, and options and constraints. Two guiding questions can be helpful as we periodically and prayerfully assess our load: “Is the load am carrying producing the spiritual traction that will enable me to press forward with faith in Christ on the strait and narrow path and avoid getting stuck? Is the load am carrying creating sufficient spiritual traction so ultimately can return home to Heavenly Father?” Sometimes we mistakenly may believe that happiness is the absence of load. But bearing load is necessary and essential part of the plan of happiness."

We had a week full of setting baptism dates, and helping girls deal with their breakups. haha yep that just about sums up our week! Thats how you know you are in a singles ward!
We went from having 0 baptism dates this week, to now having 5! Holy miracles!!!!!
At FHE last monday night, Paige (a member of the ward) brought her friend who has been interested in the church to meet us. His name is K..., and he is leaving to go to school in San Fransisco at the end of this month. We taught him the restoration and plan of salvation this week, and set a date for him to be baptized on August 16!!! He is one of the most prepared people I think I have ever taught! We sat down at our first lesson and asked if he had any questions before we started, and the one question he had for us was "So do y'all really wear magic underwear?" What a great place to start hahaha. He has so much faith, and is so excited to keep learning more!

K..., E..., and T...: 2 sisters and a friend. Taught the plan of salvation this week, and when we were talking about Jesus Christ and the Atonement everything just clicked with them. E... was like, "So in order to return to live with God and receive that exaltation, we need to follow Jesus Christ exactly, which means getting baptized like He did. He wasn't just sprinkled with water. He went completely into the water. So that means that's how we all have to be baptized. I NEED TO BE BAPTIZED AGAIN! When can we make this happen?!" Sister Loo and I both were just in shock. The spirit was teaching that lesson 110%. It was one of the most amazing lessons I have ever been in! They all 3 set a date for August 30th :) It was sad though because they asked if they become apart of this church, if they have to leave their old one. Its going to take a lot of faith for them to leave their church that they love so much, but they said that they are willing to do what God asks of them! My faith grows so much each day as I see these people completely change their lives as they put their trust in Him.
R... set a date for September 27! He just barely got a job, and he has to save up money because in order for him to be baptized he needs to move out of his girlfriend's apartment. He has A LOT of changes to make in his life, but slowly but surely he will get there! 
A... (I know we aren't supposed to have favorites, but she's my favorite) :) Every lesson we have with her, the spirit is SO strong! She loves church, loves the Book of Mormon- she takes it with her everywhere she goes. As soon as she started meeting with us and started keeping the commitments we left with her, she immediately came to know for herself that this church was true. She told her mom of her decision to be baptized, and it was such a miracle that her mom was so supportive. She never stops talking about the joy that she has knowing that she can be baptized again, this time the right way! She is praying about what day she wants to be baptized :)
I love my calling more than anything in this world! I am eternally grateful to the Lord for giving me this amazing opportunity, and for placing these people in my path who have changed my life forever. The Lord can make such greater things out of you than you could ever make out of yourself! Every experience in life, we are given to make us be a little better than we were before :) We just have to allow them to change us :)
I love you all so much! 
xoxo sister huber

No comments:

Post a Comment