Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21st, 2014

um okay so lets just take a second here and talk about how I feel like it was just last month when I became a missionary! and now we are here, exactly 14 months from that day. I really don't know how I feel about it. for some reason the most common phrase said to me this week was, "you go home SO soon!". It really hit me hard. So now when people ask me, I may or may not just try to cover up how much time I REALLY have left hahaha. people always said that on the mission 'days feel like weeks and weeks feel like days', and I have to say that is 100% true! Its just not okay! There is still SO much I have to do here!! Houston is my home now <3

The most beautiful day you could ever imagine- being in the temple with those who you have watched grow in their conversion to this gospel since day 1. Being able to watch them get baptized for others who have passed on and feeling their presence was such an incredible experience. Each one of those recent converts have blessed my life in ways I can't even begin to tell you! And now they are blessing the lives of so many others, on both sides of the veil. The temple is where we look towards :)

The Articles of Faith:
So we had a lesson with M... this week, and we had planned to teach him the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We brought Amanda, a member of the ward along with us. So we meet him at the church building, and we start the lesson by asking him if he has any questions for us or if he had any questions on the BOM chapter we gave him to read. He asked some really strange question about God, and to be honest I really didn't even understand the question haha. Sister Loo and I both just looked at each other and we were at a complete loss. He asked it again and neither her or I was getting any guidance from the spirit on how to answer it and Amanda all of a sudden brings up the 11th article of faith. She reads it to M... and he pondered it for a second, and then asked her to read it again. Sister Loo and I were getting a little nervous about what was going to come next, but then he goes, "Yes! That has been my beliefs all along!". So we felt like we needed to go through all of the articles of faith with him. After we read and discussed each one, he kept getting more and more excited, and the spirit kept getting stronger and stronger. When we finished, he just sat there and started to cry. He said that for the past 13 years, he has had all of these ideas in his mind on what he believes in, and how there wasn't a church that matched each of his beliefs. As we were discussing the articles of faith, the spirit kept testifying to him of its truthfulness, and everything that he had believed in and felt to be true, matched up with each one. He then held up the book of mormon and said "if there is as much truth in this book as there is on this card (the articles of faith card), then I'm in. I've received my answer." It was an amazing opportunity for us to then bear our testimonies of the Book of Mormon and let him know that we knew it was true. Who even knew that he would receive his answer from 13 simple articles of faith?! We usually don't teach those to investigators for some reason but it was a perfect example to me of the importance of members!! The spirit gives us ALL the answers on how to best help those we teach. Everything we teach comes from the spirit. And the spirit touched Amanda's heart and told her what he needed to hear. He accepted a baptism commitment, and closed the lesson with the sweetest prayer thanking heavenly father for bringing him to texas to receive this gospel :)

Southern Baptist M... has officially been dunked a Mormon! Out of all the baptisms we've had here up to this point, his had the most amazing spirit by far. As he came up out of the water, I could feel that he truly had been cleansed and forgiven of all of his past sins. He was a completely different person :) Danielle gave a powerful talk on the Holy Ghost that touched everyone that was there. Her testimony makes me cry every time! You could definitely say my spiritual bucket was overflowing that day :)

And since Heavenly Father doesn't feel like He has blessed us enough, He blessed us even more with MORE PEOPLE to teach! Its been pretty overwhelming for Sister Loo and I this week haha. How many missionaries can say that they have way more work to do than they can handle themselves?! Cause when we think its going to slow down a little, it doesnt haha. Such a big blessing!! But so exhausting as well. We went on an exchange this week & I went with Sister Sheldon, my good old MTC buddy :) We were walking around some apartments and there was a YSA standing on the sidewalk with his headphones in. We both kept walking, and the spirit basically yelled at me to go talk to him. His name is R..., taught him about the Book of Mormon and invited him to come to church. And guess who came to church?! Our newest investigator R... :) T... came for the first time as well and just loved it! 

V... gets baptized this week and we are so excited!! KP is baptizing him :):) too cool. 

I love you all so much! Miss you tons!!

xoxo
sister huber








No comments:

Post a Comment